Friday, July 5, 2013

07.05.13

So this week I visited Design Xchange -- a home decor store -- and found some inspiration for my sketchbook. I took pictures which can be found on my flickr of things that I found inspiring, such us textures, other pieces of art, and glass pieces. I decided to play around with one picture and did a sketch in my sketchbook. The original picture was of a saddle, so I used the design of the saddle and incorporated some of my own design into the sketch, and then I added color. It's pretty abstract looking, but I like how it turned out, especially with all the contrasting colors and bold lines.





1 comment:

  1. These designs are lovely. I like how you were inspired. Would be cool as an embroidered design. Glad to see your posts. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete